Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 6 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 5: The Braes o' Lochaber (3)

After a while, the path through the Killiechonate Forest returned me to the road, and so I followed this towards Insh. After a bit, however, there was a riverside path to my left, so I followed this as I prefer having grass under my boots to tarmac. I'm glad that I did. At Insh there is a Scout camp site; but just before the site, there are some amazing flat grassy pitches by the river. The scouts obviously use this area too from time to time. There are benches round a prepared fire site up near the road, and a commemorative cairn. But whereas their camp site is fenced off and clearly private, this is open land on which the right of wild camping enshrined in the Scottish access legislation might clearly be exercised. Well worth knowing about!

No comments:

Post a Comment